terça-feira, 10 de setembro de 2013

The peace of the lord!

I've noticed lately that greeting so common among Christians has become something so automatic and mechanical that most of us have actually forgotten what this greeting means, we have forgotten the power load on these words so simple yet so profound. It was the custom of the apostles greet all people with 'Peace of the Lord’(see 1 Corinthians 1.3 / 1.2 Colossians / Philemon 1.3 / and several other passages), not only personally but also in letters and messages.



The peace of the Lord Jesus! 

Some people replace "Good morning / Good afternoon / Good evening" by the "Peace of the Lord" is wrong? No it is not! But we can not forget about what exactly are we talking about when we say "Peace of the Lord," we're talking "I wish that the peace of the Lord Jesus follow you wherever you go!" Then summarize all the simple "Peace of the Lord."

Once I went to visit a friend she had not seen for a long time, so i entered the room all of his family were there, and quite naturally i talked to everyone, one by one, saluting with 'Peace of the Lord' it was then that her father told me that was not a christian, it was then that we began a dialogue interesting:
- I did not ask if you were a Christian, I said I want the peace of the Lord follow you everywhere you go.
-how so?
- Do you work?
- yes
     - Then I wish you the peace of Jesus is there in your work with you, he cares for us 24 hours a day so well individually, you frequents bars or restaurants?
     - yes.
     - Then I wish you Peace of Jesus be with you there also freeing you from all accident and giving you all kinds of deliverance, after all, I believe that God has something special to you.

I ended the conversation with a smile and a handshake as he just looked at me. Days later she told me that her father was asking if everything I said was true, if the Bible really is God spoke it and even took care of him regardless of where he entered. I do not know what happened after that, but surely the seed sown began to show its first signs of growth.

I remember a story of a young and an old man who worked together and all day to get to work the old man turned to the young man and spoke only "Peace" to which the young man replied "Peace of the Lord Jesus!" , bothered by the fact that you never speak the whole sentence and speak only "Peace", the young man was taking question: - Why did you never speaks 'Peace of the Lord Jesus' and always speaks only 'Peace'? The old man looked at him calmly his eyes and asked: - What other peace exist?

Stop to reflect a little on this Peace that you are wanting, Philippians 4.7 will mention that Peace of the Lord Jesus transcends all understanding, there is no word in any language that can describe this peace, then remember, the Peace of God is the best thing you could want for a person, say 'Peace of the Lord' will bring a far greater impact than a "Good morning".

Do not let the day-to-day make us lose the details of everyday life, you can change the day of a person with your words, there is power in your words, pay more attention to them!

May the Lord Jesus bless your life too, and I wish that the peace of the Lord Jesus go with you wherever you go.


The Peace of the Lord!

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário